Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Day 4 Trip to Cairns 22nd August 2009

Didn't have a good sleep at Bowen. We stayed at a Beach Side Motel, that advertising look great, but when we checked in it was pretty ordinary and dingy. But we were tired and the price was cheap so we stayed.
There was a pub very close to the accomodation, and for most of the night I could people walk past the room,(drunk of course). Then I heard some girls talk about our bikes, which where parked in front of our room. They wanted to sit on them, and I got up and had a go at them through the opened window. Anyways I managed to scare them off but I just couldn't get back to sleep after that.
Got up early again, around 6.00am and headed North, man was I glad to get out of Bowen!



We had breakfast at Ayr and very nice to say the least.


Past lots of Sugar Cane Trains

Pit stop in Townsville


Ready to go again!

I think this is near Ingham, very warm.

A scenic stop near Cardwell


Lunch at Innisfail, only another hour to go before we get to Cairns.

And here we are with Natalie to greet us.

Dereks carport


I was invited to go out with Kurt, Christine and the grandkids to see the Cairns Festival.

No comments:

Post a Comment