Sunday, December 20, 2009

Day 3. Trip to Cairns 21st August 2009

Left Miriam Vale early, about 6.00am. Bloody cold! Luckly I had warm gloves. Stopped at a servo about 100kms away and had a cup of hot coffee which did the trick....mmmm

Had breakfast at Rockhamptom and then had a pit stop at Carmila. It was a welcome change of scenary with nice tropical blue water. We carried on and decided to stop and have lunch at Mackay. It was here that I spotted a guy with a CBR1000, same bike I used to own a few years back. He was travelling with his little dog which was secured to his tank bag.
We then rode to Bowen where we spent the night.



First coffee break for the morning. Very expensive here, $4.50 for a small cuppa.



This was a good breaky!



Deli Cafe at Mackay






Carmila







How cool am I? I can suck this in one go! Oh noooooo brain freeze...




Another quick pit stop, somewhere on the Highway




The beach at Bowen

No comments:

Post a Comment